Detailing Cars In Oklahoma City
First, if you are an existing client and you are here as a result of the massive email campaign we just sent out to our clients, thank you for visiting. Enjoy the tips and references we included in this post. More emails to come. Thank you.
Oklahoma City has interesting weather. For the most part, the weather is consistent, summers are beautiful and winters are brisk. The sun isn’t harsh enough to beat your vehicles paint job into the mess an Arizona summer would. Winters don’t have enough consistent rain and hail to damage your cars exterior detail. And then there is the elephant in the room, Oklahoma’s weather system can flip and drop golfball sized hail on top of unsuspecting drivers, leaving their vehicles damaged and in need of much more than a detailing. In addition to the hail, there is are tornadoes that rip through Oklahoma like a Tasmanian Devil. Debris can be slung with such force that vehicles can be subjected to extreme damage, and of course, they can become completely totaled.
Regular Maintenance Tips – Keeping Your Car Clean
Every Day Household Items For Detailing
• Q Tips: For getting in between AC/Heat Vents. Also, can be used to detail speakers.
• Household Vacuum: Don’t need an industrial shop vac to clean the interior.
• Eraser: Yes, a pink eraser. This can be used to gently remove various substances from the interior. Especially leather and dash areas. Below are some other tips.
• Tooth Brush: This should be the most common item listed so far. Great for scrubbing off dried spills and food messes.
• Olive Oil: Yes, some people actually use Olive Oil on their dashboards. We recommend bringing the vehicle into us but feel free to experiment.
• Squeegee: Not just for the windows, you can also use a squeegee to pull up animal hair from upholstery.
• Clothing Iron: In conjunction with a piece of paper, you can extract wax based substances like crayons from upholstery.
• Sponge / Cloth: You can use hot water and detergent with a sponge or wash cloth to remove unwanted spills from upholstery.
• Washer & Dryer: You can scrub your floor mats, then run them through the washer and dryer to finish them.
• Lint Roller: For obvious reasons.
• Baking Soda: Helps draw out smells. you can use with water diluted vinegar.
• Steele Wool: Great for cleaning windows. Use a lite non-abrasive wool.
• Rubbing Alcohol: Great for your windshield wipers, helps prevent smears.
• Dryer Sheets: Submerge in soap and hot water to clean your grill and rims. Below are some additional rim cleaning tips.
• Playdough: Use some of this to clean of deep grime that water and a cloth won’t take off. Use it with a quality surface cleaner for best results.
2016 Oklahoma City Car Show – Beautiful Detailed Cars
Drive Through Options in OKC
For those of you that don’t have time for car detailing OKC, there are quick, convenient options available that will allow you to get the exterior of your car cleaned quick (not detailed) and have you back to work before lunch is over. Here are the top 3 drive through car washes in Oklahoma City.